|FAX or EMAIL your request on your company letterhead to:|
Credentials are available to working press and photographers
- Please make your requests by Monday, July 8
- We need lead time to get your media passes to you through the mail before you depart for the Games.
- Please include your: name, media affiliation, postal mailing address and phone number.
- Please tell us how many media passes you will need and for which days.
- If media passes can not get to you in time
- They will be left for you to pick up at the entrance gate of the Grandfather Mountain scenic attraction.
- This is NOT an entrance to the Highland Games, but the entrance to the attraction.
- Your contacts at the attraction entrance are our managers, Jim Topelski and Gail Culbreath, at 828-733-4337.
- Tickets are available only for essential personnel
- Media tickets are limited by the Games due to parking/viewing area limitations.
- Tickets are good for Games activities that take place on MacRae Meadows
- Each media pass is a wristband.
- Includes events beginning with the Thursday evening opening ceremonies through Sunday afternoon.
Access to the Infield is through the PRESS TENT on the day of the event
- The Press tent is located 75 yards to the right as you face the Reviewing Stand, immediately next to the Athletic tent.
- Infield passes are not the same as media passes.
- Press parking is available at Grandfather Mountain travel attraction.
- Available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Identify yourself to the staff at the Grandfather Mountain (attraction) entrance gate and they will direct you to the reserved press parking.
- There is no public parking at the Games field.
- Off-site parking is available at a variety of satellite lots.
- Continuous shuttle service is provided ($6 round trip per person from Linville, $15 round trip per person from Boone)
- See the Highland Games website for more information at gmhg.org.
Lodging/Area Travel Information
For assistance with lodging or for area travel information,call our mountain area travel information office, North Carolina High Country Host, at 800-438-7500 any day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. or visit them on the Web at www.mountainsofnc.com.
For Further Assistance
Katie Casella, Director of Marketing
828-733-2013 extension *817